Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 14, 2021

More of, well, you know

Since we seem to be on a Paul Konerko kick, let's have another one. As you can tell, I bought a ton of PK cards, all for under $.50/piece. I'll give you the numbers once I get to the last PK post. Today's you'll get to see the cards from 2002.

As usual, we'll start with the Bowman, or Heritage in this case. He didn't have a Bowman card that year so this and a Bowman's Best is all he had and I now have both.

For Donruss, I picked up this 1982 look-a-like Originals and the Studio. The Studio sets always annoyed me because I always list the manufacture in front of Studio and there's a few years where it could have been Leaf or Donruss. I realize they are one in the same but that's how I list them so this year, I appreciated that they used the Donruss in the name.

In the early 2000's, Fleer put out a ton of different sets. Kind of like Topps these days. Along with these 10, I have 5 other 2002 Fleer cards. You see the 2 on the bottom left, those are from the Fleer set, one is a gold back which is why there are 2. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a gold back until I ran across it.

Next up is the Leaf portion, or Donruss, or whatever. I always liked the Rookies & Stars sets back when they were new.

I picked up 4 from the Topps manufacturer. I like the Pristine, probably because it's more shiney. I like the Total set, at least the idea behind everybody getting a card, I just wish the modern day wasn't an online purchase set. $10/pack is a tad pricey for a set that used to be pretty cheap (at least I remember it being cheap.)

Finally, we have the Upper Deck. I'm not sure I've seen the Ballpark Idols set before, I know this was my first one I've gotten. The Authentics set is new to me as well, that would be the 1989 look-a-like.

You tired of seeing PK yet, I hope not because I have 3 more posts but don't worry, if the random allows it, I have other players as well as a team post.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for likeable White Sox like Paul Konerko!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards. I remember the Ballpark Idols set. If my memory is correct the box came with a bobblehead.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.