Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, January 25, 2021

Another one down

No Sox or player collections today, that only means one thing. Vintage. This is the first year I started collecting so this post is special to me.

This whole post all came from Sportlots because the card barrel didn't have any of these so I had to pay more. You know, $.18 instead of $.15.

These however, I paid more for. High dollar vintage right here. I paid $1 for the Raines rookie and $.75 for the Fernando rookie. I probably paid a little more shipping on those as well because none of the free shipping dealers had these. I also paid a quarter for the leaders card.

These 2 also go to the team card collection and complete all the team cards from this set.

I lied, I needed a couple of White Sox cards too for the set.

I lied again, this is also a player collection card. It'll go with all the other Mike Schmidt cards. I also paid a quarter for this one.

All of these cards left me with only 1 more card to pick up to complete the set. Some of you say he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame but the price of his rookie card compared to all the other cards in this set says different.

This was the last card I needed for the set. The whole set and the team set as it would be. It was the last because it was definitely more expensive than I planned on paying. I paid $4.10 for it. I know it's not much money for some of you but I hate paying $4 for 1 card when I can get 20 cards for $4. It cost more because there was only one on Sportlots and the seller didn't have discounted shipping to the Sportlots box so I had him direct ship it. It was the last one I bought but the first one to arrive here.

This was one of the first sets I tried to complete. I started this one and the 1973 set (birth year) at the same time, before I even started the Vintage collection. This was a relatively cheap set to finish, I really have no excuse for not finishing it sooner other than I just didn't take the time to do so.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! Cool set to complete for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you did '81 Topps when it was the debut year for Donruss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first year I collected and the Fleer and Donruss weren't readily available around here. I had a ton of the Topps cards.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on completing this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love this set too, and I'm close enough that I'm hoping to have it complete before the baseball season starts!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.