Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Paulie Pre-Sox

Just finished watching Michigan annihilate Wisconsin. If they play the way they've been playing, they should be in the final 4. They are talking about the tournament being completely held in Indiana. Would be nice if it wasn't during Covid, I probably would have tried to get tickets.

Today's post is another of PK, some of them pre-White Sox.
I picked up these 2 from the PK's short stay in Cincinnati. I always like the Reds and Dodgers cards of Konerko becaues they just look odd to me after all those years in a Sox uniform.

I picked up 1 Bowman with this Bowman's Best. It looks better than the scan, trust me.

I also picked up 2 from Pacific. Look at that bottom card with 3 photos of Paulie on there. I like the card even if that green isn't flattering.

1 card from Skybox. This is a nice card with the dark background and I like the jersey number on the front. I don't really make it a point to remember jersey numbers but I do know his.

You know you're going to have some Topps. Back in 1999 (I had a bunch of Topps that year), I don't remember ever seeing the Chromes. I have since, this isn't my first but I don't remember them back then. The Topps Star card is the base, I do have the 1 star already.


I thought I had the Victory, apparently not. The MVP is the silver script version.

In case you haven't figured it out, all these are from the various 1999 sets which was Paulie's first year with the Sox. Some of those cards are pre goatee when the only way I remember him is with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.