Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 28, 2021

A new leader

This is the last of this player collection from the latest sportlots package so you'll finally get to see how many I received.

As per the other posts, we'll go alphabetical by brand.

Only 1 Bowman today but that's because I already had the base or paper or whatever you call the original one. He only had a base and a Chrome in 2003, and of course all the parallels of those 2 cards.

I added these 2 Donruss. When logging cards on my sheets, I always put the manufacturer in front of Studio (and Finest and Stadium Club) and I always put Donruss in front of Studio, even though the earlier versions were considered Leaf.

I added 4 more Fleer, which makes 12 of the 2003 cards I have Fleer. I don't think I realized just how many sets they were putting out in the 2000's. I knew it was a lot, just not that many. The 2 on the right are almost identical on how Konerko is but they are 2 different shots.

I did get one Leaf, if you don't include the Studio. I like the box with the team logo.

The Topps portion of this post doesn't have too many base cards. The 2 Total's at the top, 1 is the base, 1 is a checklist. As many cards as they put out in that set, you think they could have used a second photo. There's 2 Mini's, the 205 (Polar Bear) on the left and the Mini Opening Day Sticker. The Gallery is the Artist's Proof and the Stadium Club is the Royal Gold so the only base is the Total at the top.

Lastly, 5 more Upper Deck. Even a serial numbered Finite up there. I remember getting any serial number being exciting, not so much anymore when it's out of /1999. The top left and bottom right are both Fortyman. The Victory is the orange parallel.

In this package, I added 108 new Konerko's which boosted his PC to 638 cards which makes it my highest. It was 2nd but now it has the lead by over 80 cards. I would assume my next Sportlots package will have more Konerko's but I don't know that for sure. I'm sure it won't be this many, most of it will be my other Tier 1 PC's.

1 comment:

  1. 600+ Konerkos is awesome! It'll be fun to see how long he can hold onto his reign.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.