Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Seaver Sunday

I'm watching the undefeated Michigan Women spank on Northwestern in what was supposed to be a good game but they have dominated. This is the first game I've been able to watch as in it's the first one broadcasted that I could see. After this game, I'll go over and watch the Men's team hopefully stay undefeated against Northwestern as well. I figured while I'm watching, I can kick out another post.

The random came up with one of the 2 Tier 1 collections you'll see this month. They both have a ton of cards so I was able to pick up quite a few so you'll see multiple posts from each of them.


You see a couple of Archives in there with the rookie and last card of Tom Terrific. Along with an insert and a couple of sets that feature retired players.


You know I love those Sox cards up there as they are some of my favorite past jerseys. They also go to the Sox collection. A couple of more Archives in there again. I like the reprint of the last card as you don't see that one often.


As you can tell, Seaver is pretty featured in the early 2000 sets, even though he retired over a decade earlier.


Like, featured a lot. You can also tell they favor his Mets days with all those cards above. All of the cards in this post come from 2001-2002. I have purchased his cards up to 2012 but this is the earliest you'll see until I get my next shipment from Sportlots. I do have some older cards coming soon when the random decides to let me show them.

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Jeff. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I found out he’d been traded to the Reds. He was a phenomenal pitcher and I got to watch him throw a 3-hit shutout against San Francisco in person when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Fleer Greats of the Game sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you stomped my Wildcats pretty thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.