Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Lotsa Sox

Since we did a team post yesterday, we might as well do the other team I collect. I have a bunch of pics so I'm just going to jam them in here.

These were the only 2 that I got from Sportlots. The card on the left is a normal sized card, the right is a Fleer stamp of LaMarr Hoyt.






All of the above came from Sluggo in various forms. The top pic was in those boxes and boxes of 90's stuff that I went through. Everything else was just picked up here and there while going through his cards. Those are my first cards of Yermin Mercedes.




Remember when I said we opened a bunch of packs at Sluggos? That's where all of the above came from including my first card of our closer in that last scan.

Speaking of packs, these 3 came from the blaster of update that my daughter's girlfriend gave me on Thanksgiving.


The last 3 scans came from Fred. I would have guessed I had a few of the top scan but I didn't. I even thought I have the parallel of Rockin' Robin but nope. With the out of the blue 90's and 00's cards, I'm guessing that Fred is still going through his old collection and just brings me the White Sox. I can't complain because he has given me quite a few that I needed.



These last 3 came from the card show in Kalamazoo awhile ago. The top left is numbered to /50. The Abreu on the right is a SP Image variation and the Crochet is the red version of Stadium Club.

I picked this up at the Mishawaka show we set up at. This is my first Topps Now but I loved when they did this at that game so to see a card with it was a must have.

I picked this up at the LCS, it's supposed to look all tore up apparently because it's not in bad shape like it looks. I only paid a few bucks for a dual relic so I couldn't say no to that.

I picked up this relic of Abreu that's numbered to /99 at the Plymouth card show that we set up at. Again, I only paid a few bucks, $4 at the most for it.

Lastly, I picked up these relics, die cut and autograph at the Baseball Card Exchange. And again, I only paid a few bucks a piece for them.

As you can see, I added quite a few non PC Sox cards since September when I posted about the collection last. How about some stats for this post.

The White Sox Collection is now up to 9,418 cards.

The relics give me 258 in all of my collections.

The autograph gives me 398 in all of my collections.

Players over 100 cards in this post = Robin Ventura (142 cards), Jose Abreu (165 cards), Magglio Ordonez (173 cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.