Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, December 31, 2021

Game time post

 All my birthday posts are done now, I think that's the first time I've had 5 birthday posts in 4 days. It did give me some time to get the next round of cards ready, although I went to the LCS and picked up a few more yesterday so I logged and scanned those this morning.

Before I get to today's post, I have a favor to ask. As I've mentioned before, Sluggo and I have a goal of having a card shop by the end of next year and we want to make a sign out of the Letter Patch cards. Obviously, we don't want any high dollar cards for it so I'm reaching out to you all. Below are the letters we still need.

S L U G G O S     S P O R T S     C A R D S

Red crossed out, we already have. I will mark the letters green if we've reached a deal and am awaiting the card.

Let me know what you have, and we will work out a trade or I can Paypal you if you prefer. Like I said, we're not looking for anything expensive. Sports don't matter (NFL, NBA, MLB). We set up at shows so we have plenty of cards to trade with, let me know what you have and what your looking for and we'll get something in the works.

Since Michigan fights for a chance at the championship tonight, I figured I'd throw out a Michigan card rather than random like usual.


The first card I came across with a Michigan uniform on it was this Chris Evans that I got from Dennis at Too Many Verlanders. He sent me 2 boxes of cards and when all was said and done, gave me 197 cards to my PC & team collections. This is only the first of the goods he sent.

This is my 9th card of Chris. All are Michigan cards as well.

Almost game time, I'm outta here. Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years Eve and it continues on into 2022.

As always, GO BLUE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've seen people have good luck in getting those patch letters on Twitter, so if you haven't already done so, you might want to think about putting out the call for them on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool that you want to open up a card shop. Best of luck with both the shop and tracking down the missing letters. I used to have some letters in my tradebait (haven't looked in those boxes in years though). I think the ones I had were signed (but not game-used). Would those work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care if they are game-used or not, just want the letters that look like they were on the back of a jersey.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.