Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, December 23, 2021

HOF Relics

I'm going to go ahead and post the last 3 players today. Once those are posted, I'm completely caught up with everything I've received up until this week. I'm hoping to get everything I've received logged, scanned and ready to start the next round of posts. As of right now, I have my latest Sportlots posts and a package from Dennis to go through. I'm also scheduled to get a package from baseballcardstore.ca on Monday. So I may be on a small hiatus for the holiday until I'm ready to go on the next round.

I'll start off with the Tier 3 player. I picked up these Yaz relics at the Baseball Card Exchange. They had a few others but I was trying to keep my spending down because I picked up a bunch of stuff there. I grabbed the Archives relic because it was cool looking, I grabbed the Baseball Heroes because it was numbered to /99. These are my first 2 relics of the Hall of Famer and put my Yaz collection at 80 cards.



Next up is my tier 2 collection. As you can tell, I was at the end of the Fisk cards on Sportlots as these are all relatively knew (except that Stadium Club and the 1974 look a like). The 1974 looking card is actually from 1992 and is a SCD Sports Card Price Guide card. All of the above came from Sportlots.

I also picked up this Fisk relic from the Baseball Card Exchange. I was happy to find one in a White Sox uniform. Granted it's one of the ugliest uniforms we've had, but still.

These 15 cards put the Fisk collection at 345 cards.



Finally, a tier 1 player. I grabbed the Gypsy Queen from Sluggo when we opened up packs. It's actually a short print so it was good to grab that for free. The bottom cards was from, yep, you guessed it, the Baseball Card Exchange. I told you I picked up a bunch of relics. That Heroes relic is numbered to /99 as well.

These 2 cards give me 519 cards of Tom Terrific.

2 comments:

  1. The Archives relics were kind of neat, I have a few from that years football set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Jon. That Archives relic is very cool.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.