Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Things are Funner Here, I mean there

I sent Julie of “Things are Funner Here” a trade package of some stuff I picked up for her.  I specifically went looking for some Phillies relics/autos cards because I saw some White Sox stuff on her trade bait page and I was planning on surprising her with the package but apparently I forgot to copy down her address last time so I had to contact her for her address so I took away the surprise.  But Julie sent back a great package anyways.  Here are the highlights.

tradejulie02

Brent Morel rookie who is more or less our starting 3rd basemen this year.  Tyler Flowers rookie who is supposed to be our catcher of the future but hasn’t panned out so far.  Frank Thomas finest (I always liked those cards) and a Thomas rookie reprint of his 90 topps with no-name.  Ken Griffey didn’t do well for us but I have always liked him and liked seeing him in the White Sox colors.  I always have liked the all around good guys.

tradejulie01

7 Konerko’s including a jersey card and a Tom Seaver.  More great cards for my player collections.  I think I have one or two of them already but that’s just fine, because I like to put one in my player collection first, and then one for the team collection.

tradejulie03

My first Gordon Beckham relic card whom I also like a lot.  And the Gavin Floyd Bowman green that Julie had posted a few weeks ago that made me go look at her trade bait page to begin with.

Great cards Julie, thanks a bunch.  Be sure to check out “Things are Funner Here” folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.