Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Burke and all that Jazz

Went over to my cousin's today so he could put new brake pads on my car. Afterwards, we were working on cards for the store. I helped sort but I have so much to learn about all the variations and short prints and stuff like that. We were sorting $1-$5 cards but there are so many different variations and players who I have no idea who they are. I've been so focused on my collections and buying on the cheap that I'm so lost when it comes to other cards. I have a lot to learn before we open a shop.

Today's random came up with another Michigan guy. You'll actually see quite a bit of them because the order I went through on Sportlots is Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 2 Michigan, then Tier 3. I have a couple players left in Tier 2 but the majority of what I'm picking up are now are the Tier 2 Michigan players. A couple of you will appreciate that, but probably not too many. All of these came from Sportlots but a couple of different packages.

A rainbow of Prisms, I was shocked to get so many variations at under $.50. Says a lot about a lot of the variations.

Another rainbow of Prizms and again, surprised to get them at under $.50.

Some more Prizm, just not much of a rainbow. I threw the Select in there as well just because it's Panini.

Technically we're still on Panini but this is more the Donruss/Pinnacle portion.

Lots more Panini, the Excalibur has a cool design on the back. The bottom 2 finally have some decent action shots as well.

A couple of more shiny Selects. The blue and silver one has a cool look to it.


Another Excalibur without the cool design. All of the above are cards with the Jazz which is where he played for awhile when he first went into the league. Maybe next time we'll get some other teams as he's played for a few more since these.

Well there is one other team he played for. I did manage a couple of cards with the Wolverines as well. As I got further into this post, I all of the cards are Panini, they also all feature a basketball in his hands if you like that kind of thing.

These 27 cards more than doubled my Burke collection and made him my 2nd highest basketball PC behind his teammate at Michigan Tim Hardaway jr with 44 cards.

1 comment:

  1. The two Prizms that are next to each other in the second group are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.