Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Happy Birthday - Cal Ripken Jr.


Cal was born on this day in 1960, making him 61 today.

MLB Debut - August 10th, 1981 (Orioles)

Year Active - 

  • 1981-2001 (Orioles)
2nd year, 1983 (Orioles)

I don't have a rookie card to show you.

Cards on TCDB - 21,815 cards

Cards I have - 659 cards



I just realized I had 3 different pop-ups. I didn't know they did them that many years.

Where they came from -

Not surprised that Dennis is #1, I am surprised it was 200 cards. Lots of bloggers listed up there as well. F&G Sportscards was an 80 card lot.






Some modern day Stadium Club (and an insert because it looks like a SC).

Happy Birthday Cal!

*All cards are in my collection but photos/scans came from TCDB.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Iron Man! As soon as I noticed him in the birthday section on TCDB I started waiting for those post. Can't believe I've sent you 200 Ripkens, and I may be able to add to that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize it was until late in the day so it was a quick post. I have so many cards that I didn't take a lot of time to pick the ones for the post. I was shocked at the 200 too, I knew you sent me a lot but I wasn't expecting that many.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.