Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, August 6, 2021

Kid backstop

Watched the Sox win against the Cubs today. I've seen both of the pitchers that we got from the Cubs give up HR's to lose a lead. The game I went to last Friday night, Tepera gave up a solo shot in a 1 run game in the 8th. Luckily the Sox scored 2 in the bottom of the inning and ended up 6-4. Today, Kimbrel gave up a 3 run home run when we were up 4-1 in the 8th to tie it up. We ended up winning it 8-6 in the 10th so needless to say, they haven't impressed me as of yet.

Today's post is a tier 3 collection of a HOF catcher. Both cards came from Sluggo, the first was purchased for me at the National, the 2nd was at a LCS.

I threw this in a stack of cards that Sluggo was getting for the shop at the National. It was only $4, relic and numbered to /200, not a bad deal at all.

Now that is a nice card. We were at the LCS and he picked this up, I assumed for the store but when we got to the car, he handed me a couple of cards, this was one of them. Surprised me, but I'm not saying no. 2 relics, an auto and it's numbered to /50.

2 comments:

  1. The second card is obviously better, but I like the look of the first one more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Featured a Gary Carter in a post earlier this evening, but it's not nearly as cool as these two hits.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.