Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, August 9, 2021

Calling in the lefty

I didn't get a post out yesterday as I was going through 3 boxes of 80's cards and pulling what I needed for my sets. There was a 4 row box of Donruss, a 4 row box of Fleer and a 5 row box of Topps. The Topps box took less time to go through because I had already completed the 1981, 1985, 1986 & 1987. I decided not to post and to get through them all before heading for bed. Oh, I was watching my Sox sweep the Cubs as well.

The random decided to pull a Tier 3 hall of famer today. Being as I haven't gotten to my Tier 3's yet on Sportlots, this was a pickup to get to the top of the shipping range on other cards I was buying.


I lied, it's not even a card, it's a sticker. It's a 1981 Topps Sticker. I know I've said it before but I like these stickers from the 80's because it reminds me of childhood. It is my 125th card of the lefty.

Since my Tier 3 players are all 80's & 90's cards (except 1 guy), I expect all those collections to get a big boost once I get done with my Michigan guys on Sportlots.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I started buying packs of Topps sticker album packs until 1982. It's a shame, because I would have been one happy kid to pull this Lefty from a pack. Look at that well-cropped action shot.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.