Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, August 13, 2021

Big Baby stack

Did anyone watch the Field of Dreams game last night. I watched the last few innings and it was pretty awesome. I flipped the game on before heading to bed and it was the 7th, Sox were up 7-4 on the Yankees. I kept saying I'll stay up for one more half inning. 9th inning starts, I'll just stay up while we close this inning. Nope. Judge hits a 2 run homer and then Stanton hits a 2 run homer. I looked at my wife and said "I knew I should have went to bed." But since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll go ahead and watch the bottom of the 9th where Tim Anderson hits a 2 run walk off homer. It was very emotional, I'm glad I didn't go to bed. At least until I got up to go to work 3 hours later.

If you haven't seen the clip on how the game started, here it is. A little lengthy but worth the watch.

If it doesn't work, here's the link.

That was just cool and couldn't have been scripted better. When they announced this game back in 2019, I was like, meh, whatever but they did a really good job with it.

Speaking of last nights game, and the last few, today's player is hot. He has found his stroke again since coming back.



The above 15 cards came from Sportlots. Some good cards there for cheap considering who he is. A red parallel Donruss, and a couple of Stadium Club

These couple of vintage look-a-likes came from Fred. A Heritage and a '52 Redux.

I grabbed this from one of Sluggo's boxes. Luckily he forgot to pull him so I snagged it up.


Last but not least, I grabbed these from the seller at the National that was a friend of Sluggo's. I figured I'd go through his boxes and see what I could find. I originally grabbed the Super box topper because it was sitting off to the side, then grabbed the rest later.

These 22 cards boost up the Eloy collection to 85 cards. Now let's just hope he stays hot while we finish the season and playoff run. It's not like he hasn't had plenty of rest.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see Eloy back on the field and tearing it up at the plate.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.