Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Sox Future All-Star

Today's random give us one of the White Sox young studs. He's not flashy so I don't know how much press he's getting outside of Chicago, because he's is definitely an All-Star in the making. I know he's been mentioned in the rookie of the year race but he probably won't win it unless he just goes on an absolute tear in the last month of the year but it would have to be an unbelievable run.

I picked up these 5 pre-rookie(?) cards of Andrew from Sportlots. I like that the Panini on the bottom right shows the leg kick.

The only thing I don't like about Sportlots is the lack of photo's. In most cases it isn't a big deal, then you get these. All 4 of these were listed as Andrew Vaughn and as you can tell, they are all different parallels, but not Vaughn. Then I flipped them over.

I still would have bought one had I know he was on the back and they are all the same but I guess I have 4 now.

I picked this up at the LCS trip we made last week, I think it was in the $1 box but I got it a little cheaper than that.


Fred brought me this card, it's a shiney 1990 Bowman look-a-like of Vaughn from 2020 Bowman.

I went to look at the above card to see what year it was and realized I have no 2021 cards of Andrew Vaughn, I'm going to have to rectify that on my next Sportlots purchase, if I remember.

These 11 cards put my Vaughn collection at 27 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.