Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Books, Schedules, Quilts and some Cards

Today's random post comes at a good time as football season is coming up this weekend. You should know what's coming just by that.

This is a program I picked up at the LCS. The nice thing about living in Notre Dame country is they were more than willing to get rid of this game program for a buck. Probably sore losers as we won that year 21-14.

I picked up these 2 pocket schedules from 2001-2002 for only $.50/each at the National. It was actually my first purchase as it was just down from the table that we hung out at. We started there as we had to give back the vendor passes that we used to get in.

Speaking of that table, the guys we were with let me have this. I don't know what it is, it's some kind of cloth like a quilt square. He said he thought it actually came in a box of cards but nobody was really sure. I wasn't going to take it at first because I don't collect Brady unless he's in Michigan gear and he's wearing 12 so it would be a pro jersey as he was number 10 in college but then I noticed the winged helmet at the top so I went ahead and took it. It's still sitting on my dresser as I don't know what to really do with it. Speaking of Brady.


These were my first card purchases at the National. After walking around in awe for about an hour, I finally stopped at a table and saw a row of Tom Brady cards so I went through them and grabbed all the Michigan cards and then put back the ones I though I had. I ended up grabbing 2 that I already had but that's alright. I really like those last 3 with Charles Woodson as well. These 11 cards give me 21 cards of Tom and the 3 of Woodson give me 9 of him. I think those are pretty good numbers considering they are all Michigan cards.


Last but not least, Fred brought me this card last week. He had told me he had a Mike Martin auto card so I figured I had it. Even when he brought it to me, I thought it looked familiar but when I checked, I didn't have it. I have the base card which is the same picture so that was why it was familiar. This is my 7th card of Martin, and my 3rd autograph.

1 comment:

  1. That Brady quilt thingy is cool. I'm a big fan of oddball items.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.