Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Mr. Anderson

The Sox lost in Oakland again, we haven't won a series there in 5 years. We are around .500 away from Chicago so we really need to take home field advantage from Houston. It doesn't help we have a few starters out on the IL but I'd rather have them taking a little time off for minor injuries before playoffs. This guy is one of those guys that has taken some time to get over a leg injury.

Did anyone get the title reference. I can't help but think of the Matrix whenever I hear the name Anderson.

First up are the Sportlots purchases.

I picked up a couple from 2018. I was surprised I didn't have the A&G. The Topps on the right is the Limited Edition.

Also picked up 6 from 2019, including the trio of dupes (not dupes) on the top row and a purple Gypsy Queen.

2020 Topps dupes (not dupes). I do like the card though, his infamous bat flip.

More 2020 dupes (not dupes). I'm just realizing how many cards Timmy had in 2020 Topps flagship.

Some shiny Panini (except the Contenders) from 2020. I hate what they do to the Sunday (1983 jerseys) with no license. I'm not sure why they can't show the colors. That jersey, with the colors, would look great on that red parallel.

A couple of 2020 Bowman's, and some 2020 Donruss.

More 2020 Topps, another including another of the bat flip. I also like that Roll Call because it shows the emotion that Tim plays with.

Also grabbed some 2021. 3 Donruss on the top followed by 3 Topps. It's nice to see some Sox players on the leaders cards this year. Abreu has made a few as well.


These 4 came from Fred, I didn't realize I scanned the Ginter chrome in the Sportlots photos. I got the one from Fred before I received the Sportlots one. Not a huge fan of the purple Diamond Kings but I really like the Turkey Red. Also not a fan of the 1972 set but the in action card isn't bad.

I picked this yellow Anderson up at the LCS a few trips ago. It came out of their dime box. I'm not a fan of yellow but these yellow Donruss cards are cool, I'm not even sure why I like them. I have a few of the Sox players in those cards now.

I only paid $1.25 for this relic, #'d to 99 at the National. I almost flipped past it thinking it would be higher than I wanted to spend but I stopped since it was in a 50% box. To be honest, I would have paid $2.50 for it. I might have paid that much without the relic, it is a pretty cool looking card.

These 43 (44 minus the dupe chrome A&G) bumped up my Mr. Anderson collection up to 139 cards. That's pretty good considering it was only at 78 cards at the start of the year so I can definitely see it doubling that 78 by the end of the year, I'm already almost there.

2 comments:

  1. Anderson's 2020 Topps card features a great photo. And I totally thought of the Matrix when I saw the title of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I too always think of the Matrix when encountering a fellow with the last name of Anderson.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.