I seem to spend a week or so buying cheap cards on ebay, then I’ll go a few weeks without even looking, then the cycle repeats. I decided to throw up all of them in this post instead of breaking them into multiple posts.
The Tom Seaver card I actually purchased in a lot of New York Mets cards. Most of them were 1987 Topps. I didn’t need any of the other cards so I put a max bid of what I was willing to pay just for the 1 card and hoped to get lucky. The Billy Williams I ran into while looking for some 1973’s for the set collection. I have been looking to grab some vintage Williams for my player collection but it’s been tough grabbing them at a cheap price. I decided to splurge a bit since it was my birth year.
- Tom Seaver – 1984 Topps ($.11/shipped)
- Billy Williams – 1973 Topps ($.99/shipped)
The next lot I also found looking for more ‘73. They fit the bill but the majority went to my White Sox Collection instead. The 5 below along with 2 that I already had all came in a lot. The other 2 will be featured in my 1973 posts.
- 7 card lot ($2.34/shipped) = $.11/card
4 of these cards were purchased singles. The 1973 Topps batting leaders came as part of a 4 card lot (all ‘73s) that I purchased for the set collection. The Konerko is numbered and I have no idea what the mini Tom Seaver is. It says 2010 but that’s the first I ever seen them. I’ll get around to googling it at some point. Love the 1982 Topps, they bring up so many memories of collecting as a kid, especially being a Tom Seaver because I collected him back then as well.
- Mike Hart – 2008 Press Pass ($.49/shipped)
- Billy Williams – 1973 Topps batting leaders ($.50) 4 card lot ($2/shipped)
- Paul Konerko – 2007 UD Sweet Spot /850 ($.50/shipped)
- Tom Seaver – 2010 Topps mini ($.43/shipped)
- Tom Seaver – 1982 Topps ($.50/shipped)
Grand total for that weeks purchases. $4.07 ($.34/card)