Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve Cards

I'm just sitting here chilling. As is the tradition, the kids go to the exes on Christmas Eve so the wife and I are just relaxing. They won't be home until late so we aren't doing anything special. 

I spent most of the day working on scanning cards for TCDB. I scan them one at a time so I get the best scan possible so it takes awhile. I started the day off needing to scan 724 cards to have all the cards I have on TCDB. I'm now at 574 so I scanned 150 cards which seems like a lot more than I would have guessed. The majority of them need fronts and backs scanned but there were a few with just 1 or the other. I guess this will probably be my project since I have the next week off or at least until my Sportlots package shows up.

Today's cards are from, you guessed it, Jeff at 2x3 Heroes. This is one of my favorite pitchers, I'd probably rank him #2 behind Tom Seaver. You want to talk about 2 very different pitchers.



We'll start off with a couple of his later years when he went to Toronto. This just shows how much I liked him that I still collected him after he left the Sox.

He did send me one card with the Sox though. Topps Attax is supposed to be a game but I have no idea how it works and obviously have never played it.

These 3 cards put my Buehrle collection at 213 cards.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Christmas tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing day! I would love to get more scans uploaded to the TCDB. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jeff! I hope you and your family enjoy a safe and warm holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seaver was pretty good, even if he never threw a perfect game or won 4 God Gloves.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.