Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Topps and Fleer love

The great random on the internet came up with another vintage post. Of course, they are all also from 2x3 Heroes. I told you it was a huge package.

Don't forget that all these photos are from TCDB because my laptop lost all my scans and I wasn't going to dig everything back up.





I don't know what it is about 80's Fleer but I like it. Maybe because they were harder to find than Topps when I first started collecting, I'm not really sure but I love it. 1981 Fleer didn't do much for me but I love 1982-1987. These 8 cards put the 1982 set at 82 cards so a long ways to go.








What? 2 Pete Falcones in one post! I also really the 80's Topps sets so maybe my love for the 80's in just childhood memories. I don't really have that love for Donruss (other than 1981) in that era though so who knows. I thought the In Action subset is the greatest thing ever when these came out which put me at about 8 or 9 years old. These 13 cards put that set at 135 cards.

3 comments:

  1. That's great that you're making good progress in completing your sets. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early 80s Fleer are some of my favorite sets. The photography had a lot of character, unlike Topps and Donruss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The famous Falcone, a happy Mendoza, and rookie card of a hall of famer creates a trifecta.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.