Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, December 13, 2020

We had MonDave, now it's SunDanny

I spent quite a bit of time on Sportlots today. I got a check for $50 from my mother-in-law for Christmas so I decided to spend a bunch on cards. My first thought was that I could buy some higher priced cards since I never do that but I just can't beat the amount of cards when I can buy them cheap. The plan was to spend $10 on Tier 1 cards, $10 on White Sox cards and $10 on whatever set I was closest to completing. 

I finished off the rest of the Konerko's that I needed under $.50 and it was just over $10, I went to the 2017 Sox sets and ran all the way until Topps before hitting just over $20 and than I completed the next set in the Vintage collection that I was closest to and it ended up being $30.63. I was impressed it ended so close to $30 but by the time I subtracted my loot earnings, it ended up at $29.95. Perfect! I'm going to wait until next Friday to ship everything (I already have 156 cards in my box waiting), that'll give them a few days to ship stuff and add to it before I ship. I have the week off after Christmas so that'll give me some good time in the card room.

Today's random is only 1 card and it, once again, came from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes. This actually wasn't part of the big package he sent. He also sent me this card and a few others in a small envelope because he picked up 2 of these.

This is only my 5th card of Danny but it's my first auto so that was an awesome envelope from Jeff. Danny is one of those players I'm setting aside to see if I like him enough to start a player collection. I don't like starting new collections of players that may not be here for long. Dane Dunning was also in that side collection, and he just got traded.

That title could have been worse, I could of used his last name.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you budget... and actually stick to it. I'll have to do it the next time I browse Sportlots.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.