Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 26, 2020

White Sox Nachos Style

I spent most of the day in my card room scanning more cards for TCDB. I posted 113 scans. I got all my player collections done, or so I thought. I was working on my autographs binder and I noticed some of my player collections were coming up with some of the cards without photos. Not just 1 or 2, I saw probably close to 10 and I know I went through all of them and added photos so I don't know what happened with the photos. The ones missing weren't ones that I posted either so I don't know why they got deleted but I guess when I finish my binders, I'll have to go back through them.

Today's post comes from Chris at Nachos Grande, I buy into his box breaks, or I used to. I still try but being as Luis Robert is on the team I collect, I get beat out by people, I assume, looking to flip his cards. I get notifications on my Facebook when he posts a new box so I don't miss them but I don't get notifications to my phone. I don't for any of the social media because I don't feel the need to be on them all the time. So by the time I get on Facebook and see there was a post, the White Sox are usually gone. I'll still be able to buy in on the older sets but those I'm more picky on just because some of them I don't really need as I already have them. Since I wasn't able to buy in on the last few boxes, I went ahead and had him ship what else I had left. 

I don't blame Chris for what happened, it's good for him because he has a better chance of filling his breaks so he doesn't lose money. Lose money and he can't do the breaks. It is what it is. Hopefully these flippers won't be around long and things can go back to normal.


I really don't remember what breaks I bought into so I'm just guessing that these 3 were all extras that Chris threw in. Although I thought I bought into a SI box but I think I got those already. He actually did a pretty good job sending ones I didn't have considering I have a ton of Frank's and the Abreu gives me 133.


These 2 were the first of that team set. I still need the Frank Thomas and the 2 numbered prospects. The Loaiza only gives me 10 cards of him.


The same for this set, these were the first 3 of the 2000 Pacific Prism. These 3 put me over half way though because there are only 5 in the team set. That Mags gives me 154 of him and 72 of Ray Durham.


The Mike Caruso on the left completes the set for me but that's because there's only 2 cards. The other being Frank Thomas which I also got from the break but I already had that one. I did however, pull the Thomas on the right which is the Radiance parallel numbered to 100 and that scans so much better than the base. It is a pretty nice card. All the Thomas' in this post give me 542 cards of his.

Thanks again Chris, hope to get in some more breaks in 2021.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in the breaks - here's to another fun year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Thomas Radiance is sweet! Gotta love those low #'d cards from the 90's... especially when they're guys like The Big Hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.