Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, December 18, 2020

Hemorrhaging Cards

I mentioned that Jay at Card Hemorrhage had sent me some cards out of the kindness of his heart when he sent me a Tim Anderson card. The random decided to show the rest of his package today.


He started off with some of the 1991 Topps Archives. Archives before there was Archives. I needed these 4 and those 4 actually put that team set only needing 1 so I will need to go pick that card up.


Sadly, none of these 3 are even close to completing a team set but they were all needed. I like seeing the Joey Cora as I have seen him play in South Bend on a rehab stint. The Cora (21 cards) and the Cameron (17 cards) are low quantity player cards but the Beckham is my 69th. Mainly because he was active in 2011 when I got back into cards and bought a ton of them. This Beckham is a refractor which is why I didn't have it.

Last but definitely not least. Jay also sent this 1971 Topps of our former manager. It is a high number and on TCDB, it's listed as a SP. I'm not sure if that means because it's a high number or on top of being a high number. All the high numbers aren't listed with the SP so I assume the latter. Either way, it was a nice surprise.

Thanks for the cards Jay. I have a week off work after Christmas, I may get around to seeing if I have anything for you. I haven't decided how lazy I'm going to be that week yet.

3 comments:

  1. So weird not seeing Tanner in a Pirates hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best Mike Cameron card that I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do a binder page of White Sox uniforms through the years. The nine most obvious changes. Then show us.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.