Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday with Baltimore

Just finished watching the Michigan basketball team look good against UCF. Except the first 15 minutes or so but after that, it was all good. Big Ten play starts next week then we'll see how good they are.

Today, I spent some time scanning cards for the TCDB. I made it part way through my Tier 2 Michigan players. I had to scan a bunch of those so I feel like I didn't get far but I scanned almost 40 cards, most of them front and back. The nice thing is I've been moved up to veteran status on the TCDB so now I can approve my own photos so I don't have to wait for the next update for them to show up.

I realized that I forgot to ship my Sportlots box last month. I usually send it every month so I figured I'd wait until before Christmas so I can have a nice big package to go through at Christmas. Luckily, I'm still behind on posting stuff so I have plenty to get me through December.

Today's post is a player collection of a Hall of Famer and even though he is a Tier 3 PC for me, I have more cards of him than any other player in my collections but today, you only get 2. This post is brought to you by fellow bloggers.


I got this 2020 Archives from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes. I haven't opened any packs of anything 2020 so I usually pick up stuff on Sportlots but I haven't searched for many player PC's so this is definitely a welcome edition to the Ripken collection.

This 2018 Gold Label came from Brian over at Collecting Cutch. I won a contest for a card that you'll get to see later but he added some other cards to it as well, including this Ripken. These Gold Label are some nice looking cards, not sure about the whole 3 classes thing but I guess it isn't any different than having a bunch of variations.

These 2 cards give me 558 cards of Cal and like I said, he is the top player collection, for now.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have to scan and enter a certain amount of cards to attain 'veteran' status?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be my guess. I've gradually moved up the more scanning I did but I didn't know I would actually be able to approve my own scans so that was a nice surprise.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.