Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 19, 2020

This isn't 2x3

Today's random came up with some vintage collection (real vintage). Despite what the title says, they all came from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes. All these photos came from TCDB because of the "lost scans incident."


Jeff is always good for some vintage because (I think) he buys a bunch of those repack boxes and there will be stuff in there. Although most of it is 80's, I think he does occasionally get some 70's as well. Adding these 2 to the set give me 350 cards which is over half done.


He also sent 1 from 1975 of Koosman who was a big part of the Miracle Mets in 1969. I'm not very far on the 1975 set as I am the 1976 set, this is only my 84th card from that set.

This is actually the reason for the title, this isn't 2x3 as in it's one of the couple of early sets that are just a little bigger than the normal cards. I'm sure this didn't come from one of those repack boxes either. It's only my 5th card from the 1956 set and 2 of those are White Sox cards. I really liked getting this card because my buying "rules" prevent me from getting great cards like this.

1 comment:

  1. I've been struggling to pick up more 1956 Topps cards for my collection as well... and it's because of the buying "rules" I've set for myself as well.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.