Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Love him or hate him

Another quick post today as it's only 1 card but we do what the random tells us. Today we get a beloved catcher, at least as far as the White Sox fans go. Not by too many other teams or players for that matter. He was voted most hated player one year by his peers but like I said, Sox fans love him. As do I. He played hard and wanted to win. What's not to like?

This was also sent to me by Jeff of 2x3 Heroes. A Topps Attack card of which I've never even attempted to play, it's more or less another card set to me. This AJ gives me 115 of his cards and TCDB has me ranked 2nd on his cards although the next guy has almost 50 more.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man... I wonder what it felt to be voted most hated player by his peers. If I got voted most hated teacher by my colleagues, I'd be so bummed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked him as a player, not enough to want to collect him, but did enjoy watching his style of play.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.