Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Saturday with Steve

The Sox have made some moves, some good, some I'll wait to see how well it worked out. I liked the Lynn trade, he's supposed to be pretty good and will make another solid starter behind Giolito and Keuchel and if Cease works out like he's supposed to, that's a pretty good rotation. I hated seeing McCann go because I liked him but I understand the move. I wish him well and I have a soft spot for the Mets so I'm happy he went there.

Today's post is a former lefty who played for the Sox but the majority of his hall of fame career was with the Phillies but I got a card with another team of his that I really enjoyed receiving.


This comes from 2019 Archives, you gotta love the powder blues.


This is from the 1983 set so I'm surprised I didn't have it but apparently I didn't. Both former Sox on that card. This card also goes with the Vintage collection as does the next one.


It's far from his rookie but a vintage Steve Carlton all of the same. I really liked getting this card. I don't remember seeing him in a Cardinals uniform until Topps started reprinting their older cards awhile ago. I do have his 1973 which was my oldest single player card. I do have another 1970 but it's a leaders card with Juan Marichal and Bob Gibson.

All 3 of these cards came from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes. Those 3 cards give me 121 of the Hall of Famer lefty.

1 comment:

  1. 121 cards of Lefty? That's a solid collection. He was one of my favorite players as a kid and I've been collecting him ever since. I doubt I've crossed over triple digits though.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.