Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, December 21, 2020

Winna Winna

You got to see a rare occurrence the other day when I showed cards from a blogger other than Jeff or Dennis, today you'll get another. Nothing against bloggers not sending me cards, it's just I have very little to trade with so when people ask to trade, I tell them straight up, I just don't have anything to trade with. Some will send cards anyways knowing they won't get much, if anything, back. Brian, however, held a contest that I won on random and he threw in some extra's for me.


He sent over these 3 Sox cards along with a couple of PC players that have already been shown. Those 2 Chris Sale's give me 149 cards of him. I mentioned before when I showed another Sega card he sent me that I had never had any of those before he sent them. I only have 9 cards of Melky but he wasn't with us for very long. I just looked, he was with us 2 years, it didn't seem that long.

So what card did I win in the Save Second Base contest?


That, my friends, is a pretty cool card. It doesn't technically go into my collections but I don't care, it does now. Did you notice the serial #?

For those of you asking, I do have a few cards that I keep that aren't part of any collections but I like them. This is by far the better of any of those cards, but I do have some. This is my 6th card of Lou, but the others all go into collections. 4 from the Vintage collection, 1 card that he shares with Carl Yastrzemski and this card.

Thanks for that cool card Brian, and thanks for all the bonus cards that went to my collections. Check out Collecting Cutch.

4 comments:

  1. That was a great card to win, Congratulations!

    I also have the same situation as you do, I don't have the cards these bloggers have, and I'm about 30 years older than they are...their collections are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, fun card! I was hoping to win it, but oh well. So pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Brock! Congratulations!

    By the way... I feel ya on trading. I cleared out most of the nice tradebait (parallels, inserts, oddballs, and hits) after years of trading and sending care packages. Then I started relying on COMC, card shows, flea markets, and purchases off of my friend. However... those things haven't been an option since March.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.