Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Close, but not quite there

I checked on my Sportlots package and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it until the 28th but I still have 6 more posts after today which means I won't have to stop blogging and I can finish everything from the last couple of months.

As you know, I occasionally take a set that I'm close to finishing and throw some money at the cards and try to get it complete. I've actually completed the 1985 Fleer & Topps set, as well as the 1987 Topps set doing this. I've completed all 3 of those sets since August and those are the 1st 3 that I've completed since starting collecting again.

Today is one of those posts and one of the next sets I'm trying to complete.




As you can see, I bought quite a bit of the 1981 Topps set. The bad thing about completing sets this way is that I started with the set I was closest to completing, than the 2nd closest and so on. So now that I'm working on my 4th set, the more cards that I need.

I picked up all of these on Card Barrel, 114 cards for $23.87 including shipping which equals out to just under $.21/each. It's not completed yet as they didn't have everything that I wanted or I could get them cheaper on Sportlots so it'll hopefully be completed on the 28th when I get my Sportlots package. As it stands right now, I have 694 of the 726 cards in the set.

4 comments:

  1. I have a few but they're off-center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the rest coming just don't have them in hand yet. Thanks anyways!

      Delete
  2. I opened a few packs of 1981 Topps a few years ago. Do you have a wantlist? I tried to find one on your TCDB, but didn't see it. Then again... I'm a total newbie to TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already purchased them, just waiting for them to show up but thanks.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.