Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Blaster Box from Target

We'll take a break from the Sportlots posts as of late. As I mentioned yesterday, I'd probably ship the cards in my box this weekend and I have. I actually got an email from Sportlots saying that the postage rates were going up (USPS) so today was the last day at the old rates so I went over this morning and hit ship. By then I should be done with the last SL posts.

Also as I mentioned yesterday, I had to go into Target to pick up an online order so I figured I'd check the card aisle. It has been a long time since being in a Target and apparently they moved the card aisle from next to the registers to all the way in the back. I had to ask. So I headed back there and there wasn't a ton of stuff to choose from. I usually look for the best bang for my buck. That would have been the 2019 Topps series 1 as it was 99 cards for $20. I actually purchased a blaster and some packs of Series 1 when it came out so I wouldn't have needed most of those.

My other options in blasters was Donruss Optic and Topps Archives. We all know I like Vintage so you can guess which one I went with. I won't show all the cards, just the ones for my collections and the inserts/SP. I went to log in the Archives to TCDB and realized I didn't have even 1 card so I already knew I would need most (depending on dupes) or all of them.


These were 2 of the inserts. Not bad I guess, the Ichiro does nothing for me. Nothing against him but I was never a collector of his. He was a great player and person (from what I've heard) and was a hit machine, he was great for baseball just not really anything to me. The Ohtani is a decent card as he is supposed to be a pretty good pitcher who can hit but has been battling injuries since coming over from Japan.


These were another reason I wanted the Archives, it said it had coins in them. I don't know why I like them but I do. That being said, you can't complain about those 2 names


These 2 are short prints at the end of the set. All-Stars, Highlight and Rookies are all SP at the end of the set. Again, can't complain about the first card. I don't have a bunch of Mike Trout's as he's not in any my collections but the 2 above doubled what I did have.


This was also a short print and I definitely know who he is as he had his own insert set in series 1. Also, my cousin (Sluggo) who sends me cards is a Braves fan so this will probably head out his way since he sends me a ton of cards all the time. I knew it was different out of the pack as the cardboard is different.

You all will probably enjoy the cards above but the following are the ones that go to my collections.


This was the only White Sox card I pulled and he's no longer a Sox player. Either way, it goes into the White Sox collection.


I did get a few player collection cards as well starting with this Johnny Bench. This is my 94th card of one of the Big Red Machine. Love the vintage look of these which is a good thing because I got a few for my PC's.


Also got one of the Kid for the Gary Carter collection. Not to mention an Expos card is always good for any collection. This is my 125th card of Carter.


Last but not least, another Sox card just the wrong color. Did I mention that I like the vintage feel of these cards. This Fisk is my 159th of his PC.

I wasn't disappointed with the blaster. I got some good players and I usually average around 4 cards to my PC's but usually it's more White Sox cards and less player collection cards. That's probably because this set has a lot more older players in it than, say, Series 1.

1 comment:

  1. From what I've seen online from other collectors, it looks like you got just about the perfect box, at least far as desirable cards go.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.