Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Sportlots - Tier 2 Michigan Men, part 2

I know it's been pretty boring titles of late, I promise I'll do better with the next shipment. I actually have a couple of cards coming directly to me because I needed them for a set, they were the cheapest on the site and he charged the same to ship to me as he did to Sportlots so I just shipped them here. According to the seller, they should be here Friday but I can't show them until after my next Sportlots shipment because they go with other cards in it.

I finished going through by Konerko cards after work today. I ended up with a stack of about 25 cards to sort. Most of them were dupes so they went to my Sox dupe box for Jeff (if I ever get around to sending them). The rest of them I added onto TCDB and with all of the shuffling of cards, I ended up with 1 less Konerko than I started. Although technically, I had 2 cards that I couldn't find on the TCDB at all.

I believe my next album is Tom Seaver, so that one will take awhile as well as he is my 3rd highest PC.

On to today's cards. As mentioned, these are more collections of Michigan players that I watched play in recent years.



This is the nice thing about using Sportlots now is that I can pick up players that you don't run into often on Ebay. These 3 cards (base, optic and holo) double my Jake Rudock collection up to 6 cards.


I got to add another Chris Wormley. This card gives me 9 but technically 7 different ones as I have dupes of an autograph in there as well. Out of the 9 cards, 5 of them are autographs so it's more rare to get a non hit card of his.


This is another guy that I rarely see. He signed with Miami but only played in 5 games and only caught a few short passes. He's currently in the XFL. This is my 7th card of him and 6 of those are in the Maize and Blue which are always better.



I went for awhile before I was able to start picking up Pepper's cards cheap. He was a stud in college but his popularity has died down (doesn't help playing for Cleveland). These 3 make 7 cards of him now.

I got one more post of Michigan men before I head into my Tier 1 pick-ups from Sportlots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.