Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Sluggo - Vintage (1962-1960)

I'm back with more free vintage goodies from my cousin, who informed me the other day he has another box for me. I'll probably get it when he takes it in to work to ship it. He's allowed to ship on the company dime so it never costs him anything. Wouldn't that be nice?

Today we are going to finish off the 60's. Yesterday we finished on 1963 so guess where we're starting today?



That's right, 1962, and only 1 Yankee. These 2 from the original wood grain set give me 12 cards for a 1.7% completion. Not sure why I bother listing the percentage when it's that low. I have a little more in the next set listed.







Ohh, there's the Yankees. The guy he bought this collection off was definitely a Yankee fan. These 6 cards from the 1960 Topps set put that one at 41 cards (told you it was more) which is a little over 7% completed. I knew I had a bunch from this set because I picked up a bunch of White Sox from it at a card show a few years ago. As a matter of fact, out of those 41 cards I have, only 13 of them aren't White Sox, and that includes the above 6.

He also gave me some non Vintage collection cards, but only because I only collect the base sets from the big 3.





Gotta love the oddball sets. I would buy a ton of cereal if they started putting cards back on the boxes.

Guess what? I'm not done, I have some even older cards to show off in my next post. We'll be hitting the 50's.

1 comment:

  1. I'd totally buy more cereal if they contained baseball cards on the boxes. Heck... last year I bought some cereal I had never tried before because they had soccer cards on there.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.