Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 3, 2020

Sluggo - Vintage (1985-1978)

I got my Sportslots cards in but I haven't logged them yet but I did get the cards logged in from Sluggo so we'll start there. He gave me a stack of vintage that he didn't need. A lot of Yankees we're in the collection he bought out so don't be surprised by how many are in these posts.


I'll start with this 1985 Topps. I mentioned that I was close to finishing this set once I got my Sportslots package and he asked if I had this one. I didn't, so he gave me one, he said he had 3 or 4 of them and they aren't huge sellers anymore.


He set me up with these 2 cards from the 1980 Topps set. They are my 188th and 189th cards from that set and I reached over a quarter done at 26% completed.


If you didn't recognize the names (I know them) from the last 2, you should know the names of these 2 from 1979 Topps. These 2 cards put that set at 351 cards and 48.3% completed. Almost to the half way mark.




He also gave me these 3 from the 1978 Topps. 1 more Yankee but a couple of different team cards as well. These 3 put that set at 174 cards which is good for 24% complete.

Back with some older vintage soon.

1 comment:

  1. Never hurts to lead off your post with one of the most iconic cards from the 80's.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.