Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Happy Birthday - Luis Aparicio

Apparently you'll get 2 posts today because I didn't check my calendar for birthdays before I did the last post.


Luis was born in 1934 making him 87 today.

MLB Debut - April 17th, 1956 (White Sox)

Years Active -

  • 1956-1962 (White Sox)
  • 1963-1967 (Orioles)
  • 1968-1970 (White Sox)
  • 1971-1973 (Red Sox)
My 2 oldest - 1958 & 1959 - Chicago White Sox

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

I just realized that if I pick up the 1964 Topps that I will have the complete run from 1960-1974. I still need to pick up his 50's cards as well.

Cards listed on TCDB - 2206

Cards I have - 114 (1 not on TCDB)




Most of my Aparicio collection are modern cards which isn't surprising because of when he played.

Where They Came From -

Pretty spread out and lots of love from my fellow bloggers.


A couple of relics.


And one Manufactured Manupatch or whatever they are called.

We'll see how many more I can get by his next birthday.

Happy Birthday Luis!

*All cards shown are in my collection but the photos are from TCDB.

1 comment:

  1. I collect Louie as well. Remember his last few yrs with Redsox

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.