Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, April 2, 2021

Card Show Lots

Well, Michigan lost after the offense decided to not show up and the White Sox lost their opener essentially on an error. Not a great way to start the season, but we do tend to struggle on the west coast. I know it's only the first game in a long season but to be honest, I'm just happy regular baseball is back.

I need to remember next time, not to let my Sportlots package get so huge because it takes forever to log and scan them. I got them logged finally after a few hours during the week and most of today. Tomorrow I will be scanning but I have to help my brother move some stuff so hopefully that won't take too long.

Today's random came up with something we don't see too often anymore but I ran into some at the card show. A guy had small lots of Vintage together, really cheap because they weren't in the best conditions. I picked up a few because of the types of cards they were or the amount there was.


I paid $1 for this lot and it actually had 5 cards. The other 2 will be in another post as they go to another collection as well. Still, $.20 a piece, who can pass that up. These 3 (and the other 2) put that set at 242 cards.


I paid $.50 for this lot of 3, these are a little more battered than the 1977's but I figured worse comes to worse, I'll replace them if I actually get close to finishing the set. These 3 put that set at 353 cards so at least I'm a little over half on that one.



These 13 cards came in 2 lots but they were only $.50 each which you can see why, some of them are pretty beat up. There were other cards with these 2 lots but I already had them, they were Sox cards because even with these 13, I only have 99 cards from this set and almost 1/3 of them are Sox cards as I'm only 1 card short of the team set.


I paid $1 for this lot. Yeah, I know there's only 1 card. The lot was 5 cards and they were all leaders cards from 1971 but this and one other were the only 2 that I needed. The other one had a player collection so you'll see that when I do his post. You know those leaders cards have some great names on them though. I even gave two of the dupes to Fred at work because they had Cubs players on them. The 2 I needed give me 112 cards for that set.

Sox are up so far, let's hope they keep it tonight. I'm out!

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember ever seeing lots being sold at shows before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all shoved in a little bigger penny sleeves as they weren't very big lots.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.