Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, April 23, 2021

Late career Barry

I actually have the weekend off so I might do the music post that's going around tomorrow. Just because I enjoy music and listen to a ton of it.

Today you get a post of a guy that I got a ton of cards from Sportlots so you'll get a few posts from him. He played in the 80's and 90's so you know he has a bunch of cards. Today's post though, is his later cards as he did play in the 2000's as well.

These are the first of the 2000 cards. A couple of Fleer, a Bowman a couple of Upper Deck. I like the 2000 Bowman cards, maybe because a ton of them are black and this one isn't, I don't know. Normally I like the black but I think I'm just tired of seeing it on Bowman. They haven't used it in awhile but they did for some time in the 90's.

Some more from 2000. Not sure what's going on with my scanning. Usually I scan by brand but here you have another Fleer and Upper Deck. Along with some Skybox which technically is Fleer as well.

We got some 2001's as well. I remember when the Fleer Tradition came out, I thought they were pretty cool because they mimicked vintage cards. Little did I know, 20 years later there would be a ton of them.

Next up is 2002, Donruss pulled a Topps and used the same photo for both sets, only Topps uses the same design for a bunch of sets. A lot of action shots but the majority of them are batting. I do like the fielding shot, turning two.


That Platinum is not a great design. I do like the Authentix. I like the ticket design. Speaking of Topps repeating their same design, there's an Opening Day for you.


Lastly, we have a couple of Donruss from 2005. I like the design on the right card, probably because of the no borders and I always like the team logo visible.

As I said, I have a lot more of Larkin to come so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I don't have that last Donruss (greats?) Larkin. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.