Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Tier 3 Collections

Today's random features some Tier 3 collections. We haven't seen those in awhile because I haven't gotten to them in my Sportlots searching yet.

I picked up both of these at the card show. The Chrome I thought was just a cool looking card and the 1971 was mixed in those Vintage lots that I mentioned before. I though I had it but I have one like it. That card is also a Billy Williams collection as well. These 2 give me 108 of Johnny Bench.


I picked this up at the card show as well. I only paid $3 for this at the LCS my cousin and I checked out. I didn't have any relics of the lefty, plus it's numbered to /100 so why not. It is my 124th card of Steve Carlton.

I picked this one up on Sportlots. I said I haven't gotten to my Tier 3 players yet and I haven't. I came across this because Fisk is a Tier 2 collection but both players are collections. I was surprised I didn't have this being as it's an 80's base card but there you go. It is my 141st card of the Kid.

I picked up this shiny Bowman's Best at the card show of Cal. I'm pretty sure it came from the same table as the shiny Bench at the top.


This was an 80 card set from Star of Ripken's career. $5 for 80 Ripken cards, hell yeah! The top pic is the box, the other 3 are just random cards I grabbed to scan. These 81 cards boosted that collection up to 620 cards. He is my 2nd highest player collection behind Konerko.

I also grabbed this 2021 Archives at the card show. It was in the $.50/box that I picked up the Sox cards in a previous post. It is my 73rd card of Yaz.


6 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the Bench Refractor, the Carlton jersey is a steal at $3, and the Ripken set looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Bench is what caught my eye when I walked up to the table. I liked the look of it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I want to find a card store where I can get a relic of a HOFer /100 for $3. I've gotten that kind of deal at shows, but not shops where I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it odd because I thought most of their stuff was overpriced.

      Delete
  3. Ooh another Ripken tribute set to get! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another one that looks just like it but it's 110 cards. Not sure what that's about.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.