Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

1 catcher, 2 Sox

I missed a day of posting yesterday, I've been very sleepy this week. I'm doing more desk work than before which is nice on the body but it makes me sleepy. I should probably go to bed earlier.

Today's post is a Hall of Famer who played for the Sox. Both of them.

I don't know why my LCS had this but I grabbed it. Fisk was here, back when the Sox owned the local minor league team, for a rehab stint. I don't actively collect magazines but I do pick them up occasionally when they have Sox, Michigan or any of my PC players. I actually talked him in to throwing it in with our purchase so I didn't pay anything for it.

Dennis sent me this 2002 Upper Deck, I told you he hit a bunch of my PC's.

Remember that lot of 1977 cards that I picked up, remember I said it had some big names. You've seen a few, including 1 in the last post but yes, this was in there as well. Obviously, this goes to the Vintage collection as well.

These 2 cards (and a magazine) put my Fisk collection at 347 cards.


2 comments:

  1. You missed one day? Lol. I miss days left and right. By the way... that Fisk is fantastic. I've never made a Top 10 list for 1977 Topps, but I gotta imagine that card would be in the Top 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like my posts are long and thought out so I try to keep posting consistently otherwise I develop the habit of not posting, and then I stop posting.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.