Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 25, 2022

Oldies but goodies

I guess I'm not going to a card show after all. My cousin's kids wife went into labor today so they are flying to Tennessee in the morning to meet their first grandchild. Now I'm afraid I'm going to end up at a 2 year old's party. Help me!

I've shown some of the 1977's that I've received that were a part of my player collections, you'll get to see the rest in this post. All these cards came from the card show in Mishawaka that we set up at.

I picked this up for a quarter. I just happened to run into it in the quarter box and I needed it so there you go. There really wasn't any vintage in the box so I was surprised to see it. This is my 251st card from the 1982 Topps set.

Here's the rest of that 1977 lot. Look at some of those players along with the PC ones you've seen the last couple of days. One of the sellers there heard that I like vintage so he brought this small stack of 77's that he just picked up and offered it to me for $20. How can I say no to that? It's definitely above my budget but those were some great cards for $20. I'm sure it's hard to see but these cards are in really good shape as well. All those 77's give me 271 cards.

I picked this one up for $.50 from the guy next to us. I went through his boxes since we were chatting most of the show and grabbed some stuff. I know he's a Cubs fan so that's probably why he picked this up. It gives me 105 cards from the 1975 set.

I picked this up in a dollar box. I got it a little cheaper because he gave me a discount because I picked up a bunch of Sox cards from him. This was like the Foster up there, not a lot of vintage in there but I stumbled on this one. Some big names in it as well. This was my 95th card from the 1970 set.

This was in the quarter box as well. I will definitely give up a quarter for any 1967 card. When I initially saw it, I assumed the floating head was Killebrew on the card but it's Jim Kaat. This is my 43rd card for that set.


The oldest card in this post didn't actually come from the show. It came from a collection that we got from Sluggo so this was a freebie for me. This card gives me 38 cards from the 1966 set.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd rather stay home and sort cards than attend a 2 year old's birthday party ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure was inconsiderate of those folks to have a baby on a card show weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.