Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Post card show

Had a good time at the card show today. Wasn't as busy as the last one but we made some good connections for future shows including the big one around here. There's a waiting list that we've been on but we might have been able to get ourselves into the next show. The show we did today is in a church so it's really huge but it's more family oriented as it's more low end. Sure there are some guys spending some big money but there are a ton of kids which is always great to see. We sold more dollar cards today than we have in a long time because kids kept getting a couple bucks from their parents and then come back to our dollar boxes. It was a really good time regardless. It's probably our favorite show that we do.

I did pick up a few cards so they'll get added into the mix of cards ready to be posted. I'll probably get to that tomorrow but I didn't pick up anything of the guy I'm posting today. He's a tier 3 guy so there will be a bunch of cards.








All of the above came from Sportlots and I've gotten through the first couple of years for Zimmy.

I picked this one up at the last show we did. Nothing too fancy but I didn't have it.


These 5 are even more cards that came from Dennis. As always, his packages are big boosts to my collection. I like the green parallel on the Donruss. Dennis even added another relic of Zimmy. Check him out at Too Many Verlanders and get on his good side for some great trade packages.

These 61 cards boosted his collection to 192 cards. I will definitely go over 200 when I get the next package from Sportlots.

2 comments:

  1. If you guys ever set up there again, you might want to consider doing some dime/quarter boxes for all of those kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, the problem would be we had no more table room and it was sold out so I don't think we could add a table.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.