Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Snow Day

 We're in the middle of a snowstorm here in northern Indiana. They actually sent us home at 1 today and cancelled 2nd and 3rd shift. Then tomorrow morning, we don't start until 8 (I normally go in at 5) so that they have time to cancel work if they need too and if they don't, plows will have some time to get out on the roads. I took advantage of the free time today by coming home and napping.

Today's post is my favorite player, that should be all I have to say. I don't usually get to add too many of his cards unless I spend some money.

Dennis, however, had some other ideas as he sent me quite a few in his Christmas package. The only real "new" card to me was the Bowman Scout's Choice in the bottom left but all 4 above count as new to the collection. The top 2 cards, I have the base versions and these are the die cuts and the bottom right I have the base version as well as the triple version and this is the double version so great pick-up Dennis.


He also hooked me up with these 3 relics of PK, a bat and 2 jerseys. These 3 give me 20 hits of Konerko, 16 of them are relics. Between the 2 scans you get all 3 teams that he played for as well.

Dennis sent a great package but as I said before, I don't get to add too many Konerko cards anymore so I really enjoyed these. Thanks Dennis!

These 7 cards give me 717 cards of Paulie.

4 comments:

  1. I was definitely excited to find some nice Konerko cards knowing he's one of your top PCs! I don't know anyone with a better collection of him than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even as a Twins fan I always thought Konerko had a lot of class. The early 2000's relics were nice as if some effort was put into designing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My co-worker has family in Chicago and mentioned her cousins either had the day off yesterday or today. But I guess since the teachers are assigning work online, it counts as a regular school day that doesn't need to be made up at the end. I was really jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my kid had yesterday and today, they call it an e-learning day. They post assignments online at 9 am and they have the day to work on them. My son is usually done in an hour or so.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.