Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 11, 2022

Pre Show Post

Went over to my cousin's this evening to load up the cards and showcases for the show tomorrow. It's the same show we did a couple of months ago in Plymouth. It's not an overly huge show, it's in the basement of a church but it's been running for a couple of years now so it's got a good following. Plus, the church raises money while we're there by selling biscuits and gravy for breakfast and chili for lunch so we get food as well. The guy that runs it gives the money to the church and the local little league.

Today's post is in hopes of a season. I haven't see anything about spring training being postponed so we'll see.

I picked up all of these White Sox cards from the Baseball Card Store (online dime box) at a nickel a piece.


Fred gave me the top 2 cards as well as this team set from when the White Sox were the local minor league club. If I remember, there was only one name that did anything in the majors. I really liked this because I used to go to the games a lot more often when they were the White Sox. Now they're the Cubs.

Dennis sent me a ton of White Sox cards. I just selected the guys I have over 100 cards of to show off and I'll flip through them pretty quickly.

Robin Ventura - 153 cards.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I scanned these 3 together.

Harold Baines - 85 cards (I posted him because he's a HOFer.

Frank Thomas - 576 cards.



Ozzie Guillen - 110 cards. The cards Dennis sent me put my Ozzie cards over 100.

I posted Chris Sabo because, well, you know. Or at least Dennis does.

Some oddballs he sent as well. Love the bottom 2.

He also sent me this awesome 1959 card which will also go to the vintage collection.

Not only did Dennis hook me up with all of the above cards, but also these relics and auto. I told you he sent an awesome package.


The above 4 came from Sluggo. I'm not sure about those top 2 as in where they came from. It's not like he goes through the older stuff anymore, most of that is at our house. I liked Madrigal, I wish they wouldn't have traded him.




Lastly, I picked up all these Sox cards at the last card show we did. I paid a lot more of what I normally spend on cards on the Crochet auto. I'm really hoping he becomes something special.

That's all I got for White Sox cards that are non PC cards. Which is plenty. I don't know if I'll post tomorrow night or not. I'll be home in the early evening but as much as I enjoy setting up at shows, it wears me out.

2 comments:

  1. Chris Sabo played for the White Sox??? Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Frank Thomas dual relic that Dennis sent you is sweet. Good luck at the show today! I'm always in the mood for some home cooked chili.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.