Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Free as a Bird

I'm just going to throw out my last new PC real quick. The next couple of days are birthday posts and then when those are out of the way, I can start fresh on December pick-ups. I usually type up blogs while I'm watching TV but I was streaming the Michigan basketball game on my laptop so I couldn't blog and now it's late.

There were 2 guys I really liked in the NBA while growing up, one was Jordan but everybody collects him and he has millions of cards but I thought I would start up my first non-Michigan NBA PC of the other guy.



These are the first Bird cards that I started with. They all came from the boxes of Sluggo's that I was sorting.


These 15 came from Sluggo as well but he pulled them from his dollar boxes once he found out I was starting the collection. Lots of shiny newer cards, really like the cracked ice versions up there.







Sluggo and I did some sorting for our LCS, he has boxes and boxes of stuff and I volunteered to help him out in exchange for cards. I pulled anything that I wanted out of the boxes that I wanted since most of the cards were stars but they were base so you can't get a ton of money for it. He has one guy that buys that stuff so he had no problem with me taking a few cards. I sorted MLB (you'll see what I grabbed later) and Sluggo did NBA, he pulled all of these for me and I added them to my stack.

So technically, all 60 of these cards that I'm starting the PC with, were all free to me. That's the way to start PC's.

2 comments:

  1. Growing up idolizing the Showtime Lakers... I couldn't stand Bird and the Celtics. But the guy is a legend and it's hard not to appreciate one of the greatest shooters of all-time. Out of all of these, the Turkey Red card is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably connected with him because he was a goofy white guy that you probably wouldn't guess had any game. He reminded me of me back then.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.