Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

In my head

I only have 3 more players left in my November pick-ups that are current collections. But wait, there's more! I added 9 more player collections because apparently I didn't have enough. I added them in November when I was still sorting cards for Kevin so I'll show those off 1 at a time as well, then maybe I might make it to December's pick-ups. I do add to those posts when I get new cards so it's not as many posts as you think once I get through the new ones. For example, say I pick-up a card today of a player I collect. When I log them in, I look on my spreadsheet to see if I still have cards to post of that player and I add it to them. So it's not like you'll see that player get posted a bunch of times. It just makes for a longer post when his name comes up.

Take today's post, I have 4 different scans of the player which means since November, I have picked up cards of his 4 different times. Even though all 4 came from 2 places, they were at 2 different times from each place.

This scan of 4 came from Sportlots but I received it just after Christmas and I scanned and logged them just before New Years. That top right is the green variation, which you can see in the logo on the bottom left. The bottom right is the purple variation.

This came from Sportlots as well but I received it back in November which was the first card since I posted his previous so this dated November's posts. This is the dazzle variation.


Same with both of these, they both came from Sluggo. The green prizm on the right was back in November and the Illusions on the left was in December. Both were cheapies so I got them for free.

These 7 cards bump the LeVert collection up and over the 50 card mark at 51 cards. That keeps me in the #2 slot on TCDB with over 30 cards to go and puts him as my 4th highest basketball player collection.

I post enough that I can't help but combine posts but I do like the format of a player per post as it helps me posts pretty often but I don't feel obligated (except birthday posts) so if I decide to take a day or 2 off, I don't feel bad. I do know if I take a lot of time off, I get out of the habit and stop posting so this helps with that. I did have 304 posts last year. The first time I hit over 300 since 2012 and I did multiple posts a day for awhile that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.