Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, January 2, 2023

2022 Revisited

I decided I was going to spit out a end of the year post, you all know I love my stats.

First, we'll start off with my player collections. Because I started using Sportlots in 2021, these collections have been boosted quite a bit. We're here for 2022 stats though, we'll start with my Tier 1 collections.

Relic, #'d 2/7

  • My Paul Konerko (38 cards) and Tom Seaver (31 cards) collections benefited the most this past year, that's has a lot to do with Konerko's playing days, his cards are cheaper and Seaver gets added into damn near every set so he constantly has more cards coming out. 
  • I was happy to add 4 new ones of Dave Dravecky because according to TCDB, I have 64 of 109 so I've gotten most of his cheaper, easier cards to find. I'm going to have to start dropping more money on that. 
  • I've added some Luis Aparcio (4 cards) but not a ton and only 3 of Mike Hart, that came from Sportlots.

I'll have to go back and check because I thought I added more than 1 Mike Hart. It wouldn't surprise me if I forgot to log a couple on the page that I keep those numbers on.

I won't go through each player in my further collections because I have a bunch. I'll just make a few notes. Here's Tier 2.

Relic, #'d 68/249

  • I added the most to my Luis Robert collection, thanks to him being hurt a lot and his cards going down in prices. I added 74 of his. I expect his cards to go back up once baseball starts back up. I need to get a cheap auto before they start going up as well.
  • My second highest would be Eloy Jimenez for pretty much the same reason. I added 33 cards to his collection
  • Yoan Moncada would be 3rd with 23 cards, for the same reasons as above.
  • Everybody else is below 20 cards added.
  • My lowest were 4 cards of Shoeless Joe Jackson and 3 cards of Bill Melton. Shoeless Joe I should be able to get some more because he's been added to some of the newer sets. I have 20 of only 83 of Melton so his will be a little more difficult to pick up.

Next up is my Tier 2 Michigan players.

Autograph, #'d 94/125

  • I've added the most of Jake Cronenworth which isn't surprising since he's in most sets these days. I added 30 cards of his.
  • Duncan Robinson had 24 and DJ Wilson had 21 added which rounds out the top 3. 
  • Trey Burke (13 cards), Caris LeVert (12 cards), Nico Collins and Tim Hardaway jr (11 cards) and Aidan Hutchinson, Ignas Brazdeikis, Jordan Nwogu, Moritz Wagner all had 10 cards.

I really like seeing the 10 cards of Aidan as he has been a beast this year. Good luck getting a cheap auto though.

Next up is the tier 3 collections.

Dual Relic, #'d 15/50

  • The most I added to was the Ryan Zimmerman (196 cards) and not far behind was Cal Ripken Jr (188 cards). Next up is 144 cards for Gary Carter and 116 for the Mike Schmidt collection. Those 4 were all over 100 cards added.
  • Steve Carlton had 65 and both Carl Yastrzemski and Johnny Bench had 59 cards added.

So much for being tier 3 that I don't look for as hard. They do come the cheapest because of when they played and all are continually being produced which is why I ended up with so many adds.

Relic, Autograph, #'d 37/70

I also added 546 cards to the White Sox Collection, 402 to the Vintage Collection and 110 to the Michigan collection.

Manu Relic, Autograph, #'d 69/100

The numbers that really seem off but I know aren't are the cards and dollar amount.

In 2021 I received 6,293 cards and spent $1,088.89. That was the year that I started using Sportlots and really started boosting my PC's but look at 2022's stats compared to 2021.

  • 2021 (6,293 cards) ($1,088.89)
  • 2022 (2,714 cards) ($2,130.53)

So I bought/received over 3,500 less cards but spent over $1,000 more. Why? Well because now that I'm setting up at card shows, I've been buying more pricier cards. I've actually gotten better about not doing that because I was hitting dollar boxes and buying a bunch, and then finding those same cards on Sportlots for less than a buck. So I'll still pick up autos or a little more expensive cards but I don't drop a bunch on dollar cards anymore.

All of the scans in this post are the top card I picked up this year of the player that I added the most of from each tier and the Abreu and Minor are the top non PC White Sox and Michigan cards I picked up this year. The Michigan one was tough to pick out as the majority of those kind of pick-ups are PC cards.

1 comment:

  1. It's very easy to get caught up in all of the madness when shopping at card shows.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.