Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, January 22, 2023

It's been a long time

Yesterday, we set up at the Lima show in Ohio. It was a really good show, it was packed. They advertised 180 tables and there was at least that. Usually, I man the tables and Kevin (Sluggo) will go out and shop but he didn't get any time until the end of the show because there was constantly 4 or 5 people standing at our tables. Our basketball showcase hardly got touched, which is rare but our football showcase got wiped over half gone. We sold some baseball showcase but not a ton. We even made quite a bit of money on the dollar to five dollar cards. It was worth the almost 3 hour drive, the only negative I would have to say is way too many Ohio fans, I made sure I kept my Michigan hat on. They were mostly pleasant though so I can't complain. It did make it easier to talk to them knowing we've spaned them the last couple of years.

Today's post is a former Michigan player and it's a collection that I haven't added to in over 2 1/2 years so I was definitely glad to pick this card.


I picked it up at my LCS. It was in a $3/each or 4 for $10 box. I did find 3 others to go with it so I grabbed it for $2.25 which is a good price for an ugly auto.

This is only my 3rd card of Zach and my 2nd auto.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the solid show. I don't think I've ever had 4+ people checking out my stuff at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.