Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Darryl!

Sluggo and I set up at the Fort Wayne show today. It was a pretty busy show, lots of foot traffic. We sold a bunch of football and basketball. The problem is we are doing a pretty big show next Saturday and we have a lot of holes to fill in those showcases. We picked up some, you can see those on the Instagram account, but Sluggo plans on picking up some more this week.

Today's new PC will be a surprising one for most of you. Growing up, I was a Mets fan (that's why I collect Tom Seaver and Gary Carter) so I decided to add a couple of others from back then. Starting with this guy.








These 21 came from the cards I was sorting for Sluggo's. I really liked Darryl, he was kind of my first prospect that I really liked and got to watch from the start. I lost touch with him after he got in trouble with drugs, plus that was around the time I stopped collected and watching baseball as much.


I also started doing some sorting for the local LCS. He buys a ton of stuff but doesn't have enough time to sort so I've been doing a little bit and he lets me keep some cards. I came across this one which I needed for this new PC as well as the Vintage Collection. I added Strawberry to the Tier 3 collections.

These 22 cards plus all the Strawberry's I already had in my Vintage Collection give me 42 of the former slugger.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the big show at next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found some Strawberry cards in my blogger box... and couldn't figure out who I was saving them for. If you want them, email me your mailing address and I'll send them your way.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.