Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Happy Birthday - Bill Melton

I bet you thought I forgot some birthdays but I actually had a little time between them.


Bill was born on this day in 1945 making him 76 today.

MLB Debut - May 4th, 1968 (White Sox)

Years Active - 

  • 1968-1975 (White Sox)
  • 1976 (Angels)
  • 1977 (Indians)
1969 Topps rookie (White Sox)

1976 Topps Traded (Angels)

According to TCDB, he only has 1 card with the Indians and it was a postcard.

I do have his full run of career cards (1969-1976).

Cards on TCDB - 80 cards

Cards I Have - 17 cards


These are the only 2 "oddballs" I have from his playing days. A 1976 SSPC and a 1975 Hostess.

Where They Came From - 


These are the only post career cards I have. Except the 1975 is actually a 1975 but it's a buyback so I counted it as post career.

I wasn't around for his career as I was only 4 when he retired but I really enjoyed him when he did pre/post games for the White Sox.

Happy Birthday Beltin' Bill!

*I have all these cards shown in my collection but all photos are from TCDB.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.