Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, July 3, 2021

All coming together

Before I get started on today's post, I want to throw another blog at you. I've mentioned my cousin Sluggo here many times and he has moved up here and it's his dream to run his own card shop. He's starting a job in a week but he only plans on keeping it long enough to establish some work up here so he can buy a house. After that, he's going to open a shop. He's already looked at a few places but he wants to get a house first so he's not looking real hard yet. We made the decision to start listing stuff on Sportlots, right now it's all commons (over 13,000 cards) but it's a start. I'm helping with all the online stuff so I've spent a considerable amount of time listing all those cards and I have plenty more to list as I get the time.

Back to where I was going, I set up a few accounts for him on social media (including a blog) and I'm hoping to get some follows. He has the inventory to start a store and has some really awesome cards so I'm hoping to get over to where he's staying and click some pics and start posting more on social media. You can go to the blog - https://sluggossportscards.blogspot.com/ and check out the links in the first post. It's a pretty basic blog (and social media) at this point but I'm hoping to do more with them in the near future. Please give them a follow

Since my notepad that I keep my list of posts won't load up so I can't post it into the random, I'll pick one. Since we are talking about my cousin, I'll show some heritage that he gave me. Right now, I'm working for cards so I keep whatever I find in the common boxes that I want. A bunch of these are the SP's though so he let me pull those as well. He's bought me a couple of higher dollar cards at our last trip to the LCS, you'll see those when the random pulls them up.

We'll start off with the 2021. I had gotten some from Fred but these 4 were all new to my collection.

I let the pictures fall where they lay so we'll jump around a bit. These 3 I needed for the 2017 team set.

I needed all these for the 2020 set. They are all high numbers. The Seby Zavala is a SP, that wasn't supposed to be in there.

Here we have the short prints that he gave me. Minus the Seby up there that I scanned in the wrong one. They obviously like to put Abreu in the SP's every year.

3 comments:

  1. Is this blog only going to be for selling purposes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I plan on showing some pick-ups (we've been buying collections) and sidenotes on what's going on with getting the store. We won't be selling anything on the blog itself or even advertising what's for sell on other forums. Once the store opens up, it may go to show off what we've got coming in and things like that but we won't sell anything on the blog itself.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck on the Sportlots venture. I've thought about selling stuff on there myself. One day...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.