Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Michigan Saturday

Just a quick post tonight, I worked this morning and am sleepy. I have a bunch of birthday posts next week. I should get at least a couple ready tomorrow. 

Todays post is a team collection so that narrows it down to 2.

First off, a couple of Tom Brady cards that were in a box of cards that we bought for the store. I get first dibs on cards for my collections, as long as they aren't high dollar cards, that is. I don't collect Brady but I do love his cards in Michigan uniforms. 

Dennis of Too Many Verlanders sent me these maize and blue cards, including another Tom Brady up there. I have 10 cards of Tom now. I actually have 22 cards of Henne and 17 of Manningham as well, all Michigan cards. The Navarre card is a numbered die cut as well. Great cards from Dennis, as always.

Fred also hooked me up with a couple of Michigan cards. I actually already had the Gardner auto, as does Dennis which is where my dupes go so now I have 2. I don't actively buy dupes of autos or relics but if they find their way into my collection, I keep them.

I picked up these 2 for $5 a piece at the Baseball Card Exchange last weekend. These are both my 2nd relics of each player.


This bad boy Sluggo gave me as payment for listing cards for him. We were at the LCS and he saw it and grabbed it. I'm not a huge fan of manufactured relics, I mean, I like the looks of them but the whole manufactured thing does nothing for me but I like the corner of the Michigan logo, plus the auto and numbered to /25. Apparently they do 4 versions, all 4 corners of the logo, each numbered to /25.

It's fitting that the random picked up Michigan on a Saturday since I picked my tickets for this years game, I'll be going to the Michigan/IU game. 

So much for a quick post.

1 comment:

  1. That Exquisite manufactured patch autograph of Rice is gorgeous. Hope you can one day add the other three corners to your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.